I hope you have had great holidays and I wish a happy New 2018!
Today’s post will be me sharing my most loved, used and some even abused make-up products 🙂 These are products that I have reached for most in the past year and I think that it is only fair to mention them. Some of them are my ‘ride or die’, and some are just my safe zone, for every day use.
ATTENTION! Some might find that photos are disturbing – as mentioned before, products are well-loved, used and abused!
- MAC Face & Body – I love this foundation so, so much. It doesn’t provide much coverage, but it is buildable and looks amazing on photographs. I would recommend it to someone with dry, normal and maybe and oily T- zone skin (but then powder).
- Esteé Lauder Double Wear Light – this is a baby version of the original Esteé Lauder Double Wear, but a bit lighter on the skin. I love both just as equal, but this is a great one for daily use, and the original is more for a special occasion. Also, light version is better for normal skin, while the original is better for an oily skin.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue foundation – this is a great drugstore foundation! I always use powder with it – but apart from that, this is a great, natural- looking foundation for dry/normal skin.
- HERA UV Mist Cushion Ultra Moisture – I so need to write a review about this gem! It is a part of my favorite make-up discoveries of 2017. Provides such a deep-hydration and long-lasting moisture to the skin. Also, it looks so natural on the skin, yet is is long lasting (I powder after application).
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue Concealer – hydrating and concealer that provides enough coverage. It doesn’t cake, but I do not use it under my eye area. Just for a bit of more coverage and brightness (if needed).
- La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder – this is the best and my favorite loose powder that I have ever tried. Yes, the price would make everyone cringe a little. But, you get a lot of product! Also, the quality and goodness this powder has given to my skin is undeniable. My skin looks smooth and it brightens up my complexion with that soft, matte finish. I like how it holds up my liquid foundation longer and controls oil.
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder Pressed – this silky powder controls oils and as it is transparent, it never looks cakey or affects foundation. Always in my purse for a quick make-up fix.
- MAC Melba – neutral shade of blush. Even it doesn’t look like much in the pan, this matte blush is amazing by itself or with a bit of highlighter. No surprise, one of MAC bestsellers.
- The Balm Hot Mama – almost a Nars Orgasm dupe. My Nars is almost gone, and this blush is my alternative. So similar, warm toned, peach shade with gold shimmer. This looks great on my skin when I have more tan. Just a nice, healthy flush of color.
- The Balm Bahama Mama Bronzer – it gives such a nice sun-kissed look to the face. I am fair and have to use a light hand because it is really pigmented. It is matte without any shimmer. Also, the packaging is so cute and great for travel.
- Guerlain Terra-cotta Light 02 Naturel – Blondes – this is a bit warm toned bronzer, with a hint of shimmer that is not visible when applied. It gives such a healthy glow to the skin. I like using it when I have a bit more tan (spring, summer, early fall).
- MAC Soft and Gentle – my favorite highlighter. It provides a perfect lit-from-within glow when applied. Also, I love using it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer – finely milled highligher, that looks so good on my fair skin. I am also a big fan of The Balm packaging.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe- for the brows on the go. I love this brow pencil – I haven’t tried any brow pencil as good as this one. My only complaint is that I use it up so quickly. But this pencil and ABH Dip brow are my favorite brow products ever.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe
- MAC in Dirty Blonde – a warm-toned brow gel, unlike the ABH Dip Brow Pomade in Taupe that is more cool toned. This one is also a great brow product.
- BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo 18 Colour Eyeshadow and Lipstick Palette – this dual-sided palette is packed with nine lip colors and nine eye shadows. This palette is created in collaboration with the YouTube beauty guru Shaaanxo. It is so travel friendly and full of great shadows to create many different looks.
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette – oh how I love you. Also created by a You Tube beauty icon, Carli Bybel. This is my favorite palette to bring on any trip. It has a great variety of neutral and plummy brown matte and shimmer shades. And the highlighers are amazing! You can find a shade for any skin tone. I was so sad when it fell and one of the highlights broke 🙁 This is such an oldie, but a goodie. Also, both BH Cosmetics palettes mentioned are so affordable considering the amount of products you get!
- custom Z palette Mine full of neutral shades, mostly warm-toned. These are my hand-picked favorite shades for my favorite (leopard print) palette.
1st row: MAC Shroom, MAC Honey Lust, MakeUp Geek Bake Sale
2nd row: MUG Pocket Change, Frappe, Grand Stand
3rd row: MUG Sidekick, Lucky Penny, Bitten
- Bourjouis Healthy Mix & Volume Glamour Mascara – honestly, I really love drugstore mascaras. This is my current on the go, but Maybelline and Bourjois are my favorite. Most last all day long, do not flake and are great for my sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes. I always find an amazing mascara in their range and they cost 1/3 of the price of high-end mascaras. What’s not to love?
- MAC Velvet Teddy – just my favorite lipstick of all time.
- Clinique Nude Pop – another neutral, nude shade that I love wearing. Another nude Marina, really? 🙂
- MAC Fanfare – this is an interesting rosy, neutral shade. Great for every day and any occasion.
- BellaPierré Cosmetics Kiss proof lip Cremé in Incognito – this muted rosy shade is so pretty and feminine. This is a liquid lipstick that dries matte, but it is not drying at all. So, so good.
- MAC Subculture lip liner – neutral, rosy, nude pinkish shade. Perfect for nude and pink lip combos!
So, did you like my list of most used make-up products? What are your make-up staples for 2017?
Until my next post…