Hello my loves! In today’s blog post we will be talking about achieving your goals in the upcoming year. 2018 will be here before we know it, and we need a head start.
Because in 12 months, when you look back to 2018 I want you to feel successful and accomplished. A New Year, a new start, right?
So you want to have really great grades, but you are too busy scrolling down the Instagram?
You want to lose weight, but maybe are too busy watching Netflix?
Or maybe create a fashion line, but you just have to go out for a coffee for the 4the time today?
- Set your goals – determine what is the thing you want to accomplish and then set a few smaller goals that will help you to achieve it.
- Visualize – so, you know your destination, but now it is important to figure out how to get there. My tip is to think about the journey. The thing that helps me going and get stuff done is planning. I love to plan, because when I keep myself reminded, it helps me to get closer to my goal. I love decorating my planner and personalize it in that way – this just makes it more fun. Also, by visually seeing my plans helps me keep track of my progress and I can easily focus on my priorities.
- Stop making your goals an option – we can find a million reasons to talk ourselves out of doing something in a million different ways: ‘I will do it tomorrow.’, or ‘Maybe it is not that important.’. You have to realize that you HAVE TO make moves because GOALS WILL NOT JUST MAGICALLY HAPPEN, you actually have to do the work to get there.
- Due date – if you have a deadline, it is more probable that you will finish what you started. Do you want to lose xy pounds by the end of March? Or maybe you want to design 25 types of dresses by 15th of May.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Now, this is so important. I believe that positive energy attracts and brings positive energy in your life.
- Be adoptable – always have a backup plan. Sometimes things happen in our life that we simply cannot plan – they just do and we can’t control that. The important thing is to not freak out, but to calmly see the situation and realize there is always another way. Maybe not as easy, or just as fast….but it is there.
- Never give up & reward yourself – I am sure that we all have that bad day when all seems impossible, but just remember why you have started in the first place. It is especially hard if the road to our goal is long and the goal itself seems so far, far away. But if you reward yourself once in a while for a good job that you’ve done so far…now this will keep you going. I am not talking about the reward that will set you off your track – do not get overly carried away. If possible – invest in something that will benefit you in the long run.
So these are my tips and what I find helps me when I want to accomplish something. I hope the post was helpful and inspirational. What are your goals that you wish to achieve in 2018? I would love to read, so write in the comments below.