lifestyle

Make 2018 your most successful year yet – set and achieve those goals!

Hello my loves! In today’s blog post we will be talking about achieving your goals in the upcoming year. 2018 will be here before we know it,  and we need a head start.

Because in 12 months, when you look back to 2018 I want you to feel successful and accomplished. A New Year, a new start, right?

So you want to have really great grades, but you are too busy scrolling down the Instagram?

You want to lose weight, but maybe are too busy watching Netflix?

Or maybe create a fashion line, but you just have to go out for a coffee for the 4the time today?

1. Set your goals – determine what is the thing you want to accomplish and then set a few smaller goals that will help you to achieve it.
  2. Visualize – so, you know your destination,  but now it is important to figure out how to get there. My tip is to think about the journey. The thing that helps me going and get stuff done is planning. I love to plan, because when I keep myself reminded, it helps me to get closer to my goal. I love decorating my planner and personalize it in that way – this just makes it more fun. Also, by visually seeing my plans helps me keep track of my progress and I can easily focus on my priorities.
  3. Stop making your goals an option – we can find a million reasons to talk ourselves out of doing something in a million different ways: ‘I will do it tomorrow.’, or ‘Maybe it is not that important.’. You have to realize that you HAVE TO make moves because GOALS WILL NOT JUST MAGICALLY HAPPEN, you actually have to do the work to get there.
  4. Due date – if you have a deadline, it is more probable that you will finish what you started. Do you want to lose xy pounds by the end of March? Or maybe you want to design 25 types of dresses by 15th of May.
  5. Surround yourself with positive people. Now, this is so important. I believe that positive energy attracts and brings positive energy in your life.
  6. Be adoptable – always have a backup plan. Sometimes things happen in our life that we simply cannot plan – they just do and we can’t control that. The important thing is to not freak out, but to calmly see the situation and realize there is always another way. Maybe not as easy, or just as fast….but it is there.
  7. Never give up & reward yourself –  I am sure that we all have that bad day when all seems impossible, but just remember why you have started in the first place. It is especially hard if the road to our goal is long and the goal itself seems so far, far away. But if you reward yourself once in a while for a good job that you’ve done so far…now this will keep you going. I am not talking about the reward that will set you off your track – do not get overly carried away. If possible – invest in something that will benefit you in the long run.

So these are my tips and what I find helps me when I want to accomplish something. I hope the post was helpful and inspirational. What are your goals that you wish to achieve in 2018? I would love to read, so write in the comments below.

Xo,

Related Posts

31 Comments

Bacheca BBincontri Milano
    December 14, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Great article. Thanks for sharing!

Yiota
    December 16, 2017 at 2:03 pm

These are great ways to achieve our goals!! I always plan and set deadlines, but I always take step by step and do one step at a time. I hope 2018 is the year that we make our dreams come true and it’s our best year yet!! xx

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

December 18, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Yes, it is always a good idea to do one step at the time…it is the best way to get things done.

Amber S.
    December 16, 2017 at 6:57 pm

These are great tips, and I will use them to help me with my goal list in 2018. I have so many…blog growth, I’m starting a new job, and weight loss! Thanks to your tips, I feel like I have a clear shot to achieving them!

December 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Thank you for reading, I am glad you liked my tips, I wish you a lot of success in the upcoming 2018!

Joan Cajic
    December 16, 2017 at 7:48 pm

I am getting into visualisation nowadays and I know if I continue being positive, everything always works out at the end 2018 here I come. Great tips really loved them.

December 18, 2017 at 8:36 pm

I am glad you liked my post. Thank you for reading.

Jelena
    December 16, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Thank you for this reminder! I hope I`ll use your tips in 2018. For me, the most important thing is “never give up & reward yourself”! I give up from some things in the past that I`m regretted now. And, I must learn to reward myself!

December 18, 2017 at 8:37 pm

I am glad you liked it and it will be useful…

Fely
    December 17, 2017 at 10:08 pm

YES! I am planing on making 2018 my best year yet! I’ll be using your tips to help me out.

December 18, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Jenny
    December 17, 2017 at 10:58 pm

It’s SO important to always have a back-up plan. Maybe even to have back-ups for your back-ups. Great post! Looking forward to the New Year 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Ha, ha…loving this ‘back-ups for back-ups’. Never too many back-ups 🙂

Melanie Frost
    December 17, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I think deadlines are extremely important to achieve your goals. This is what works for me. I just need to give my hubby a push all the time.

December 18, 2017 at 8:41 pm

Some people need that push and someone to push them. It is great that he has you to remind him of important things.

Karlee
    December 18, 2017 at 2:01 am

I’m going to try and work these into determine goals for blogging for the upcoming year. I love number 5, as a blogger sometimes I feel alone but then I joined some Facebook groups for bloggers and now theres positivity everywhere and I feel super encouraged to keep going. Now I’m off to have the greatest year yet with your tips in mind!!

December 18, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Yes, positivity is something that we all need, especially in the beginning. I wish you a lot of success with your blog!

Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife
    December 18, 2017 at 3:15 pm

I was working on thisI, was just doing this last week, getting myself set up for 2018. Great tips!

December 18, 2017 at 8:46 pm

mjchristine
    December 18, 2017 at 3:43 pm

Surrounding yourself with positive people who supports you with everything will motivate you to achieve that goal you set for yourself! Its a win win result for sure!

December 18, 2017 at 8:44 pm

I couldn’t agree more 🙂

MONNKA
    December 18, 2017 at 5:01 pm

I love such articles! Very inspiring for me!
    Happy holidays for all!

December 18, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Happy holidays to you too 🙂

Alexine
    December 18, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Setting your goals is the primary thing to do for your incoming project this 2018, I could say I’m a person who doesn’t plan or arrange anything ahead and it really difficult to plan ahead of time. Lovely list anyway! I’ll try my best to at least follow 50% of your list 🙂

Ingrid Rizzolo
    December 18, 2017 at 8:52 pm

I pledge that 2018 will be my most successful year yet. As you suggested I will not talk myself out of doing those things that will help me to achieve those goals. I will also try to be adaptable and more flexible. Thanks for sharing

Johnny
    December 18, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Great tips. 2 that I really need to focus on is setting deadlines and surrounding myself with more positive people. I think to have positive likeminded people around you all the time is so important.

Deb Dutta
    December 19, 2017 at 1:00 am

These are great tips! I’m all about setting my blog up to get to the next level in 2018!

Jen Walker
    December 19, 2017 at 5:02 am

I feel like such a slacker since I haven’t sat down or really even given any thought into goals for next year. I’m so inundated with stuff that needs to get done that I am just getting by at the moment.

Savannah Pham
    December 19, 2017 at 8:07 am

I’m the type of person that makes goals but after a month or so it just gradually disappears. These are great tips for people to try!

Ariel
    December 19, 2017 at 4:53 pm

These are great tips for setting goals! I believe it is all about setting achievable goals and driving yourself to accomplish them.

Wynne
    December 20, 2017 at 1:03 am

I don’t really have new year resolutions, I just plan it day by day. But this year I think I am going to try setting bigger and more long term goal